Friday, May 31, 2013

Let's begin!

Hey, welcome back ladies! 


It is so nice of you to come spend a few minutes with me, I feel honored.  Thank you!

Now, to get down to business, beauty business.  Where should we start?  Why not begin with the basics?   I don't want to hear any moaning and grumbling from those who don't like to follow things in order (I being one of them), but in this case I am going to keep you from the same 'going around in circles looking for answers', situationI was in

I am going to teach you the way I learned.

(Oh!  Goody, goody, goody!)

So, with that, let's begin!  Have you looked in the mirror lately?  Do you know your skin type?  Do you break out easily?  You might have oily skin.

The following is the best advice I found as to how to determine your skin type:: 

Oily: If you are at constant war with heavy flow of sebum on your face, you have an oily skin. Another giveaway is the grease residue that builds on the skin's surface during the day and easily transfers to anything pressed against the face.

Dry: If your skin feels taut, then you have a dry skin. To understand your skin type better, do not apply a moisturizer for an entire day and if your skin feels tight and parched then you have a dry skin.

Sensitive: Sensitive skin is prone to redness and flushes. The higher histamine level in the body makes the skin sensitive and more susceptible to inflammatory conditions like psoriasis, Rosacea, and
eczema.

Acne prone: Due to genetics, larger pore size or over reactive skin, it becomes acne prone and break-outs are more common. Age determines whether acne is bacterial, hormonal or hereditary and depending on the severity, consistent tropical care can clear the skin. For stubborn reasons, it is best to visit a dermatologist.

Dull/Ageing skin: Depending on age and environmental factors, the skin starts ageing. Sun exposure and stress levels are the common factors. Pigmentation, dull grayish tone, blotching, fine lines and
wrinkles, and sagging that comes with less collagen are some of the common signs of ageing skin.

Thank you to:  Skin types and how to decide for this solid information.

Once you have come up with a decision next is step two, picking a moisturizer.  Personally, I have dry skin which I thought was normal skin.  Hormonally it may have changed now that I hit menopause (hurray!).

I use an anti wrinkle moisturizer, however, sometimes I go without it as it depends on what foundation I am using.  There are several moisturizers manufactured by Revlon which I am fond of and seem to be ok with sensitive skin types.  At least that information comes through third parties besides my own personal experience.  I am so sensitive to foods, etc. that I know what I am taking about, trust me.

The only Revlon product I had a slight sensitivity issue with was the eye concealer, it caused a bit of puffiness at my outer eye corner which went away after I cleansed the area with a q-tip dipped in a mild makeup remover.  The issue didn't continue, so instead I tried a different concealer and achieved good results.

Ok, now go out to Walmart or CVS or whatever drug store you prefer,  Don't forget to check your weekend newspaper (circulars) or online makeup coupoons in order to save some bucks!

That is your assignment for today.

- Determine skin type.
- Select a reasonably priced moisturizer

Tomorrow we will learn how to properly use your moisturizer.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment