Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nail polish thoughts

Nail polish
 

***IMPORTANT**

THIS IS FOR ALL BEAUTY GODDESSES

Before applying nail color stick clear scotch tape around the nail to act like a shield against any accidental oopsies from a wobbly hand (sound familiar).  It will save a lot  of cuss words.
 
Currently I am typing with my right hand because my left hand is drying its second coat of:'Metal madness'.  See bellow"
 
Yes, that's exactly what I thought, "My goodness that's bright!"  nnd I even fell in love with it which came in a three pack of nail enamels by elf.  The only con for me personally, is the difficulty in application due to the shape of the brush head.  I found it io be coupled and and awkward.  Everything else about it really good. I also got the other 2 collections with colors such asorange, green, and yellow (by mistake).  They are nice wearable colors, and I do honesly wear them..sometimes all at the same time!  God, I'm bld, brash and  daring!!!  LOL :)
 
 
Seriously, there are many brand names of such luscious colors the following are jus a few of them:
 

 
In order from left to right are:
 
Bonder by Orly

Sally Hansen Bus stop crimson
Sallly Hansen Plum's the word
Revlon 69 Sandal wood beige
 
 
 
along with several other companies whose names my be  familiar:
 
 
 
Ellen Tracy in "I have no idea what color I am!"  Actually, I couldn't locate a name.
The next one is the one I am currently wearing and t is by elf in color "Beats the hell outa me" (my comment entirely, not theirs).
 
 
Finally we have:
 


Essie in Chinchill and last but not least Wet and wilds #464 (unknown name)

Now, do you have problems with your polish chipping?  I know I did that is until I acquired a Sally Hansen gel polish salon.  You know what?  I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE, LOVE,  LOVE,  this gadget!!!!  I give it a 10 out of 10 (along with all of Sally Hansen's products)   Their color scale is quite vast and enriched  with pigment that often times one  coat is all you need (I am a 4 coat woman myself in order to better protect my nails).

 

Shown Zoya (I received in my Ipsy Glam Bag color Julie LOVE IT) and the Sally system.
 SH and Zoya are my two favorites as far as nail color goes.



The reason I am mentioning nail polish is that I feel next to  fake (or would it seem more upscale to say 'imitation') lashes, nail polish can make a lot of difference in your self esteem  Do you bite  your nails?  I used to.  It is a dreadful habit and hard to break!  Could you please just stop and think how beautiful your long (even if you are he only one who thinks they are) delicate fingers would be, given proper care and maintenance?  I'm not going to lie to you, in  order to have and retain well groomed nails, one must be conscious as to how you treat them with things such as opening envelpes, popping open a coke can, etc.  Things that we all tend to not notice. that causes wear and tear to the nails themselves, THAT'S the problem!

Never fear my dear!  There are solutions to every (I think) nail issue you might have  First of all, you can be lazy and go to a manicurist and pay an ungodly amount of money OR you OR you and a friend can do your own at  home manicure.

Some of the things you will need are:

Absorbent towels for drying hands and just in case you spill something
 Orange stick (Yes, that's the actual name of the wooden cutice pusher backer thingy)
Cuticle remover (optional cuticle cutting tool which I am quite fond of).





***NEWS NOTE***

To protect he skin around the nail when you are panting your nails ;  surround nail bed with clear scotch tape to keep mess at  minimum

Emory boards (both fine a coarse tooth)
Cotton balls and/or cotton pads
Acetone (to take off your polish)
Nail brush to scrub those cuticles!

And finally (in the beginning) about an hour or two of spare ' ME' time.  You have my permission to pamper yourself silly!  Grab some Godiva chocolate, a glass of your favorite wine, turn on the radio.  I really enjoy listening to oldtime radio horror stories.  I know, it's a shock, but I actually enjoy them.

I think I have dumped enough information  on you in one day.  I can promise you this, though.  If you clean up your hands and put (even if it is a very light shade of pink or beige or even nude nail lacquer on your nails with a top coat) I guarantee you will feel like a beautiful princess!

Hugs to all you beautiful women out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment