Thursday, May 9, 2013


Yes, my fledglings, you can be beautiful inside and out.  You shouldn't let other peoples' opinions force you to not do what you would like to do.  I am speaking about learning how to make yourself feel better by using the tools available to just about anyone who has access to the nearest 5 and dime store (CVS, Walmart, etc.) and some spare (or perhaps not) change.  Whether it be Revlon, Loreal, Maybelline, Avon (the list seems quite too lengthy to post here), or Wet & Wild.  There is a product available for each and every so called "ugly duckling" out there in cyber space at prices to fit just about every perfect purse.

  Where to begin?  I have been doing research in the most obvious of places also known as "the Beauty Magazine".  The ones sitting to my left I have chosen for today are:  Lucky, (who can go wrong with 72 sexy little basics?), ELLE, and one for women (I hate to admit) that is more my age range.  I am speaking of MORE.  Sorry, but I am not fond of this magazine because of the lack of certain content. 

   The advertisements suit my taste, Lancome (I LOVE!) even though it is cost prohibitive.  Still, they hand out samples which are free.  In fact, every cosmetics department in the major stores give free samples and what's an even better thing they do is make overs! 

   My favorite thing to do is to go shopping wearing not a stitch of makeup!  Then, pick a brand, such as Clinique, and ask for a free consultation.  You are under NO OBLIGATION to purchase even though I do occasionally just to keep in their good graces.

   Then they have you sit down and be a 'tester' for their line.  Oftentimes I meet very interesting young and sometimes older women doing this including learning new techniques as well.

    I have noticed in the latest issues of 'MORE', you are not inundated with ads for cosmetics which is quite nice.  I kind of like to see what colors are in fashion so I turn next to 'ELLE' which is obviously meant for a much younger generation.  I realize my code of thought might go against some women's code of what's wrong and what is right as far as the age of the woman and that should dictate whether to eye shadow or not to eye shadow.  As far as I am concerned, as long as it doesn't look trashy or is too florescent.   Why not?  I think if it makes you feel like a million dollars  then use it!

    And this is basically the thought this blog is based upon.  How to find those tips, tricks, products and whatever else that would make you look and feel your best for YOU!  If you pick up any little thing from this blog I want you to know YOU are worth the investment be it time or money or both. 

    I hope you come back as I will be updating this blog including my opinions about product, style and such things I think you might find interesting.  Until next time.  Put your face on!


Tammy

   

No comments:

Post a Comment