Thursday, July 25, 2013

My thoughts on turning 50 (dear God I cannot believe I said that!)

It is not so much the fact that that is one half of a hundred, but the fact is I am facing a dilemma.  There are SO MANY choices and I feel as though I don't have enough time to finish all of them!

Case in point.  I have a s^&^t load of make up and how do I use every single color at least once?  I guess the answer to this is change my make up 'face' at least three times a day or admire them in their respective containers.  I have swatched just about everyone of them and I am in love with them all.  Maybe I should tell you what I am love, love, loving at the moment.  Ok, that sounds reasonable to me so let's do that.

First I apply Garnier's  Moisture Rescue, I find this to be better in the summertime because it a light moisture replenisher compared to the Loreal Age Perfect I use in late summer up until spring (when the weather is cooler).  I live in western New York State where the weather gets pretty damned cold and windy therefore drying my skin more than it already is.

Next is Revlon's Photoready facial primer, then Lancôme's foundation, my color is 'Bisque' and it is absolutely decadent!!!  I just LOVE Lancôme!!!

Next I apply my blush, using Wet 'n Wild's Coloricon bronzer SPF 15 in 'Bikini Contest' as a  contouring color which I use with Maybelline's Fitme in color, 'Deep Wine' and I found that  these two colors blend together REALLY well using my Tarte bronzing brush.

Then I use Lancôme's Bienfait Multi-Vital Eye illuminator on my upper cheek bone  above the blush and also on my brow bone.



Eye shadow, liner, fake lashes come next not in any particular order but usually the lashes come last even though once they are in the right place (which seems like it takes forever) I usually end up re-applying my eye make up.  This eye process takes a long time some days.
 
Lastly, I whisk on about 3 different shades of plum, brandy  and/or wine lipstick and FINALLY give a fresh 4 spritzes of La Vie Belle  (sic) by Lancôme of course.
 
 
And that, in short is my day usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment